Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Crufts 2010 British Open

Well another crufts is over! Zen and I competed only on Thursday and we had a great time. My groom, Johanna, did a fantastic job and even kept everyone up to date on facebook as they day progressed! How cool is that?

Zen was representing Great Britain in the British open. We had qualified last year at the Kennel Club International festival. This was a good Crufts for me this year; I felt much happier going than I had last year. Competing only one day was actually quite nice. Zen was relaxed and I felt happy that she only had to spend one day on the bench.

Zen won both the British Open jumping and the agility and ended up the Medium British Open Winner. That's my girl!



Thanks to Johanna (and Marianne Qwist who made it!) for Zen's union jack flag coat. She looked so cute in it!




I am not sure if this will work. Let me know if you can view this video? I am not sure if you need to be payed up with the Crufts website in order to view. This was the British Open jumping.

12 comments:

Paula said...

Great run - bloody long way round though

Ann Marie said...

Yes we can! Very nice run Bernadette!

But did I notice a tug toy in the ring??? (the dog/handler before you) That's a BIG no-no here in the states! As a matter of fact you can't even play tug with the leash without raising a few eyebrows - IF you get away with it at all!

Jordan's K9s said...

Fab run well done to you both.

Lorna Goodban said...

Fab run - well done x

Sheltiedoc said...

Great run! We watched for you on the internet feed but didn't get to see much during the workdays. We did see another O'Bay dog though... Truly By Chance??? I think.

Jo Ann said...

Wow Bernadette, big congratulations! What a little superstar Zen is!

The video played just great, in fact, no buffering, it just played straight through...! Why can't other video do that?!

Loved her Union Jack coat too, fit her perfectly!

Jo Ann

Unknown said...

Congrats to you and Zen, what a great run!

Diana said...

A huge congrats to you both!! what kind of pep talk was Zen giving you before the run? LOL Well done. Diana

Sassie said...

How absolutely brilliant!! I watched as much Crufts as I could, but never managed to be home when you were running...

Mary-Anne & the Shelties said...

Awesome run :)! Love the coat too.
Congrats to you both - you totally deserved that win.

Alhena Shelties said...

Congratulations!! Fabulous run.

Karen said...

Just one word 'Zenstar' xxx