Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

Joy


OBay Joy to the World

4 May 1992 - 16 Feb 2007

We had to say Goodbye to Joy last night. It has been one of the hardest things I ever had to do. Joy has been with me for almost 15 years. Right from the time she was born into my hands, she has never been far from my side. She was a dog in a million, always eager and always fun. She was the dog of my heart.

Yesterday, I laid her out on the deck in the sun and she fell asleep there. She still looked beautiful. But I knew it was time to let her go, she was in so much pain. Thankfully the vet came to the house and Joy was able to leave us peacefully with both Dennis and I holding her. Her daughter Pax was also there with us.

All her obedience, breed, herding and agility titles mean nothing compared to the love she gave us. She was so beautiful and so smart. All my dogs forever will be compared to her.
Goodbye little Joy.

3 comments:

Lian said...

We are very sorry to hear about Joy. She will be with the others at the Rainbow Bridge. We will miss the joyful Joy and our thoughts are always with you.

Anonymous said...

So sorry.

Thinking of you.

Andy & Nancy

Johanna said...

Sweet, precious Joy. We will remember her forever.

Thinking of you at this time.

Love from us all,

Johanna