Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Monday, December 04, 2006

Puppies tug training




Here is Pickle working very hard on learning to tug! I found this little cat toy at the store yesterday and the pups think it is great. I think tug training is so essential to agility, so I work very hard encouraging the puppies right from the start. I think most pups will tug at this age, but you have to keep working on it right thru until adulthood. In teaching I find that many shelties do not tug and then you always have to rely on food to train.


Here Carmella gets a turn! All the pups were fighting over this toy!

Cardboard boxes make great puppy toys too! Tony is already starting to work on his "circus elephant trick".

I think the pups will make their first car trip on Friday and visit Dennis office. It is only 5 minutes away and a great way to introduce the pups to a new environment. Especially since I cannot seem to get them outdoors due to the cold, rain and wind!

No comments: