Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Spoiled Old Shelties


I confess we spoil Joy. She turns 14 1/2 on the 4th November. (this photo is of her on her 10th birthday when I thought she looked her most beautiful). Joy used to be an ace obedience dog and had pretty good house manners. Now...This morning, as has become usual, I let her beg and bark at me to lick the oatmeal bowl! She deserves to spend the next few years totally and utterly spoiled.

Many friends have lost their oldies this year. Brandi, Sally, Timmy were all special shelties who have passed away in the last few months. Each time I hear the sad news, I hold Joy close and cry into her neck. She bears with it in her special Joy way and then when I put her down she barks at me to feed her! My Joy has never been the cuddly type, she was more of a working "let's get down to business" girl! She doesn't need the mushy sentimental stuff, she has never once doubted, from the time she was born into my hands, that she is loved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oh my god, your entry made me cry. i hate it when i do that, i get a pet and then get upset when i know its close to passing. i miss joy!!! i miss all the puppies! hug them all for me.

~Sara