Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Friday, March 07, 2008

I can't do it...

Last night my bags were packed and I was thinking of going this morning...but I just couldn't do it. Even Crufts is just not worth leaving Zen. She is doing nothing but her temps are just low enough to keep me on my toes although it has not done it's major drop yet. I have a feeling I will just be home staring at her all day.

Yeah I am bummed and I sobbed a little and felt a bit sorry for myself. (well I am not a saint!) I really wanted to run Hex in the Eukanuba; she had done so well all year and qualified for it with the most points of all the dogs. She would have been running last out of the 20 small dogs qualified. Tomorrow is our small team run and I will have to decide soon, depending on what happens today, about what I will do for that. And, then of course, Sunday is the champs.

I really missed going on Thursday and cheering for Johanna, Nicky and Daniel. They all did so well! Nicky and Indy winning the Small International competition, Daniel and Bailey winning the Small Starters competition (against all the adults!)and Johanna and One coming second in the medium starters competition. I have been promised videos and photos; fingers crossed!

In the meantime, some lovely lovely people (thanks!) sent me this photo they took of Johanna and One running at Crufts. Do you think he got that contact?

4 comments:

Paula said...

What a shame but there's always next year and you know you'll feel bad if Zen had the pups and you weren't there.

Watching Crufts last night the opening sequence had a sheltie that I'm sure was an Obay.

Didn't all the others do you proud.

OBay Shelties said...

Yeah that was Zen from her first year at Crufts!

Hudsondoglets said...

It's a real bummer. Still maybe you'll get to go tomorrow or Sunday fingers crossed.

I don't think there is any doubt that One got a good seesaw contact, I would be more worried that his you know whats are still intact :)

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

We missed you being there but Zen may have needed you & it is gr8 that you are such a caring consciensous breeder.