Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

The Boyz: 5 weeks old

At this age the pups remind me of spring lambs. They gallop and bounce. Well, let's face it, they gambol! I love that word.



Among all my boring video clips of puppies cavorting; this one cracked me up. Watch at 4 seconds into the video as Spot (front of screen) and Little Blaze (back right of screen) bounce at the same time!



Our mornings go like this now:
  • try and wake up before the pups
  • tippy-toe around as not to wake them
  • get to them before they spread poo around the pen, themselves and the toys
  • take them outside
  • watch them poo and pee
  • run around with them to make them tired
  • feed them
  • take them outside to watch them poo and pee
  • play with them
  • pray they go to sleep so that I can get dressed


  • Each pup is starting to show his own personality. I try to imagine them in their new homes but actually can only imagine them all staying here right now. They are so cute and make us laugh. I know that in another 3 weeks I will be ready to let them go but right now we are enjoying them to the fullest.

    We had a little celebration for Zaz's Agility Championship over the weekend. It was a good puppy socialization party also! The next 3 weeks are all about trying to get the Boyz socialized and exposed to as much as possible. The puppy pen changes again and we add a solid crate bottom to start crate training. Next week we add the top to give them a feeling of a real crate. By 7.5 weeks we will add a second crate and the doors will go on be shut at night and for short naps during the day. Hopefully by the time they leave they will be accustomed to sleeping in their crates. I can't guarantee no screaming but at least it is a start!

    I cannot believe the World Championships are next week. I am looking forward to them but sad to leave the pups. I know Johanna will look after them well but I also know they will change so much in those 5 days and I will miss it! I am hoping that when I return I will know whether I am keeping one of the Boyz....

    Here they are at 5 weeks old:

    Spot


    Little Blaze


    Full Collar


    Big Blaze

    6 comments:

    Paula said...

    Little Blaze is the one for you as he can already pose for the camera :)

    Angela said...

    OMG that must be so scary and exciting all at the same time...well if you decide that "Spot" really should come to Cornwall, then as long as you promise to visit he can come...
    wink wink...

    A boy with Bernadette woohoooooo xx
    PS. good luck at the "Worlds"

    Unknown said...

    They sure are cute:)

    Mocha Barney, Ashley Pumpernickel and Winniechurchill

    Anonymous said...

    Hello!

    The three pups are so cute.
    Watching the video I get the strong desire to hug them.
    So lovely little sunshines.
    Enjoy the time for all of us.

    Margit

    Chris and Ricky said...

    They are adorable! I want Big Blaze!

    Serena said...

    Me, too, Ricky! Big Blaze is so Border Collie-like and he's got the pizazz- aka ZAZZY!

    Yet, all the pups are a bundle of looove, so fat, so fluffy I love them all and want them to Gambol their hearts out to the max! Hey, but one of them is tearing away like a BC pup at the top viddy, I bet it's, yes, Bernadette it is! It's mini-me BC Big Blaze! Look, look, close the one zooming in right to the camera face. He's racing, not doing the lamb hop that the others are doing, hahahahahaha! Bernadette, I suspect Big Blaze will have some crazy BC speed in those genes, geeeeeeeeee! What a hilarious coincident, that speeding pup was Big Blaze!