Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lots going on yet nothing going on!



We have had more snow today. It really puts a damper on puppy training! I actually got my clicker out and started working on new tricks with Zaz and Itz. It made me laugh as I realized I have done very few tricks or basic obedience with these two hooligans. Zaz was killing my fingers grabbing the chicken when I tried to reward her and all I could think of was "Susan G. would think I was a crap trainer"! I must be reading too many Susan Garrett blog posts lately!

I just puttered around with trying to teach either pup to pick up a dumbbell (waste of time as all they wanted to do was target it or hit it out of my hands with their feet!) and trying to teach them to weave between my legs. Zaz got the weave between my legs but was killing my fingers and Itz thought all she should do is go behind my back and try and do her "set-up" routine. Hmmmm not a productive morning!

We have alot going on that is exciting. We have sold our New York house and hopefully it should close next week if the new buyers don't try anymore shenanigans. Also we have decided to sell our house here in England and look for another place nearby. I would like something a little more quiet and off the main road. This house is great but I wish I could just push it a few hundred yards away from the road. We have started looking and that seems like it will be quite an adventure. I get so excited when I see something that looks good only to find out it is on a main road, too close to neighbors or under the Gatwick flight path! The right house will come along but I do hate to wait for things!

The nice thing about the snow is that the road in front of us had been quiet lately!



Our New York house is now empty and slowly boxes are coming over. It is so exciting to open the boxes and see things that I haven't seen for years. Some things are so sentimental that I cannot help crying. I just opened a box with my Scrapbook photo albums from Joy, Pax and Jordan's show careers. I was amazed at how much I did with each dog from herding to breed showing to agility and travel all over the US, Canada and Bermuda. My three gorgeous sable girls. What great times we had. Maybe I cannot get my next sable girl as she will have a hard time being compared to those three.

Here are my gorgeous sable girls (and one handsome black boy!) when we first came over to England. (L to R Pax, Monty, Jordan and Joy)



Now I have loads of old photos to scan and I also realize how nice it was to have those scrapbooks. I really need to do the same with Zaz and Itz so that I have something I can look at without opening the computer.

So opening boxes, talking on the phone with ten gazillion estate agents and scouring the internet for houses is taking up my time while I watch the snow fall. The pups get exercise by running around like fools in the snow while I watch and laugh. Occasionally I get out there and run around with them!



13 comments:

Mary-Anne said...

The girls look like they're enjoying the snow!

I have scrapbooks like that for Sally and Bryce - I started one for Jayda a couple of years ago, but haven't kept up with it.

Sounds like the first trick you should teach Zaz is how to take treats nicely :) ... or (if she's hopeless) how to catch them!

Lian said...

Happy House Hunting! To find a perfect house is never easy, keep looking and you will soon find your dream house.

Love the photos of those black girls playing in the snow. They stand out in the white snow!

Laureate said...

You have LOTS going on! Good luck with your search for a new home. Beautiful photo of your sable girls (and black boy). I think I first met you and Joy a long time ago when you had her at a show in Montreal...

Jo said...

Love the last picture of the girls, they look so happy. I found a DVD of Pax and Tom doing pairs back in 2002 yesterday whilst having a sort out. Could not resist sitting down and watching it again, it was Easter Eggstavaganza. Do you remember it Bernadette?

Diana said...

OMG that looks like such sheltie fun!! Diana

OBay Shelties said...

Jo: Yes I remember Easter Egg show. didn't we have to wear an easter hat in the ring or something crazy? I miss running Pax.

Kim: Yes we met at Montreal. I really like that show even with it being so crowded. I showed Joy there and remember the fat judge that picked his nose while in the ring and didn't even watch the dogs while judging. It was things like that that began my slow decline to not liking breed showing! haha One of my obedience highlights was when Pax got High In Trial at that show.

Thanks for writing!!

Dave said...

Love the picture of Zaz and Itz sharing the holey ball! They look like butter wouldn't melt....

If you still can't find the perfect house after a while, you can always borrow my Christmas present - "Building Your Own Home" by David Snell. That'll cure your boredom :o)

Jo said...

Yes, we did Bernadette very fetching indeed.

Ann Marie said...

My memories...

- Joy, dressed as an angel complete with wire halo, and Barney, decked out in his red bow tie, at Syosset's Christmas party.

- Pax playing hide and seek with Teddy in the bushes in my yard.

- running Jordan, my favorite girl, for that last MXJ leg before she left and that one off course that ended it all.

And so many more that I will always cherish.

Christine said...

..priceless snapshots. Have fun and good luck with the househunting.

Anonymous said...

I love the old pics. Keep them coming.

The puppies look like they really like snow.

Terry

Helen said...

The puppies in the snow are priceless

Serena said...

Dearest Bernadette, I didn't yet have the chance to tell you this because I've been so busy thanking you and Sharon especially! and everyone for their loving support through Daisy's critical illness and passing, but while Daisy was so ill I did stop by your blog twice to see precious Zaz, Itzy, Zen, and gorgeous Jordan's birthday. It was a flickering candle of brightness to ease the shadow of sadness and suffering. How life is always a celebration to call us back from our grief. I always think of beautiful Angel Hexie and her special story, and for the little Angel dogs who struggled so to be with us and kept clinging to life! And now I can finally celebrate Little precious Zaz and Itzy's time and to celebrate Jordan's 14th birthday! What beautiful girls they are!