Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

MY gorgeous Border Collie Whizz



I was so lucky to "own" a special Border collie called Whizz in 2002. Whizz lived with us for about 6 months and I could have gladly kept her forever. She was the perfect show dog and the perfect companion. Whizz turned 13 years old yesterday! She lives with Johanna but I still think of her as MY border collie. :-)

Here are some of my favorite photos of my time with Whizz. We love you Whizz!

Whizz took me to my first Crufts. She was a doll to show; the ultimate show dog. I loved trying to talk Danish to her in the ring. Bless her she did her job no matter that I told her "go paint" and "stow" which probably sounded like gibberish to her. But I could say "Miss katten" to get her ears up at the right time!



She fit into our family perfectly.





But there was one dog that did NOT love Whizz and that was Joy. Joy and Whizz battled for the spot of "Queen Dog". This is why this photo is so amazing! Probably the one and only time they slept in the same dog bed. I love that look in Whizz's eyes as she watches Joy!



Whizz came with us as the only dog on a trip to Devon. It was the greatest trip; sunny and warm and beautiful all week. Whizz is the perfect dog to travel with and she made friends wherever she went.



Happy Birthday Miss Whizz!

2 comments:

Hazyland Border Collies & Biscuit said...

Happy Thirteen Whizz!!!!

Hudsondoglets said...

Happy Birthday Whizz. She reminds me so much of our Tina, they were related somewhere along the line.