Welcome to The OBay Shelties blog! Our blog is an honest diary of our life with our dogs along with news from Obay shelties around the world.

Monday, April 23, 2007

Hex at UKA Prested Hall Essex

We went to to Wallingford KC show on Saturday. It was a good show in most ways but I will talk about that one later! Plus we went to a Susan Garrett seminar last week AND we saw Beanie's NINE puppies on Friday. Cool! I will give more details later.

On Sunday we went to the UKA show in Essex. It was a really small show but in a nice location and very relaxed. We had some mixed results but overall a good day. Here are some of Hex's runs. She runs funny over the UKA heights which are just under 2" lower (12") than KC heights (14"). She does these funny little bunny jumps instead of extending out. I guess she feels she doesn't need to put as much effort into it! Now if I want to try out for the IFCS world team (thru UKA) I have to move her up to the 16" class. That would be about 2" higher than she jumps in KC. I am not sure if I will do this mostly because I don't think she would be competitive at that height against dogs the size of Zen and larger. We will see; first we need to get her up to the champ level at UKA and that seems to be taking forever.

Hex is running to Dennis' choice of music which is most befitting to my little wicked witch!

4 comments:

Lian said...

Hex looks so cute in the bunny jumps!

Karen said...

shes looking really good keep going for the champ level she WILL be there soon !!

Johanna said...

Awwwwhhhhhh. She looks just like her daddy ;o) Go Hex!!!!!

Chi (Obay Truly Focused) said...

ROFLOL! wicked music Den :)
Gr8 contacts Hex.